At Stuart Exteriors, we center the customer’s experience in all that we do. A successful project begins with understanding your needs.
As a family-owned roofing company, our priority is making sure the customer is fully satisfied with our work. We pride ourselves on taking extra care of your home and we treat it as if it were our own. Every project has different requirements. Depending on the nature of the project, we may recommend a time and materials fee. For example, some circumstances might require initial discovery work to understand the extent of damage and repairs needed. Or you might want us to consult with you on options and recommend a solution that meets a specific budget, or one that will provide the greatest return on your investment.
We will make an appointment to meet with you in person and listen intently as you tell us about the problems you are experiencing or the plans you want to execute. Then we will perform a physical inspection and assess the condition of your roofing system or other remodeling or renovation needs. For most projects, we are able to provide a verbal high-level cost range for the project during the initial visit. If you want to move forward based on this information, we will provide a detailed, free estimate within a few days following our inspection.
The bottom line is, at Stuart Exteriors we customize each project to meet each customer’s individual needs. When you partner with us here are the steps you can expect:
- Book an appointment for a thorough roof inspection and measurements. We also offer roof inspection reports for insurance companies for an additional fee.
- Get a free estimate. We provide estimates for a roof replacement within two business days. We will provide a timeline for quotes that require special order materials or more complex remodeling projects.
- Sign the contract. Once you sign the contract and make the deposit payment, we can start the project. The deposit is typically one-third of the total cost. We also provide financing options.
- Obtain plans and permits. We will look up the permitting requirements for your local jurisdiction and obtain plans and blueprints as needed. We will prepare and file the paperwork and update you on the timeline for plan approval to keep your project on track.
- Schedule the project. Timelines vary by the scope, size, and nature of the project:
- For a roof replacement, allow one week for ordering and delivery of materials. When scheduling the installation date we consider the weather forecast for materials to perform optimally.
- Residential roof replacements typically take 1-2 days to complete.
- Commercial roof replacement projects vary depending on the size, steepness, access, and other considerations.
- Window and door replacements have a longer time horizon. Materials ordering and fulfillment can take up to 6-8 weeks, depending on the brand and what custom features you choose.
- Quality control. We monitor quality control closely throughout the job.
- Throughout all our projects, we follow OHSA safety standards, including using the proper personal protection equipment (PPE) and setting up signage at appropriate locations to indicate hazard areas.
- For our roofing projects, we follow CertainTeed installation protocols.
- We cover the perimeters to safeguard against falling debris and ensure that the job site is clean at the end of each workday.
- We take pictures before, during, and after to document work in process and the completed project.
- Customer satisfaction is the ultimate measure of our success. We consider the job complete only when you are completely satisfied.
When you partner with Stuart Exteriors, you will know what to expect. We will keep you informed every step of the way. Our goal is to provide a professional and seamless experience throughout the project, and a beautiful end result that increases the market value of your home or commercial property.